In Raspberry news chapters we find Raspberry Pi 2 arrives as the second generation of the Pi with numerous beneficial features. There is no wonder about its feature upgraded as the developers have taken nearly 3 years to accomplish the project of Pi 2 from the date the first Pi has given to the public. So in all view, this is brought to more powerful projects with Quad-core CPU, about 1GB RAM but in the same $35 price tag. It does not stop from there. In fact, starting from the same B+ Model in Pi 1 price you here get doubled USB ports, more GPIO pins, microSD support and at the same time with unchanged GPU. So read on and catch how useful Raspberry Pi 2 in your project times with upgrades of CPU, memory and more.
Raspberry Pi 2 Compared to Pi 1 Model
In compared to the previous Raspberry Pi 1 Model A and B+, Pi 2 inherits favorable feature upgrades. If we take a look with B+ model of Pi 1st generation and Pi 2 we find both the memory and CPU well increased even the GPU remains unchanged. In fact, it has a Quad-core processor operates at 900MHz above the first Generation single-core CPU runs at 700MHz. And also it 1GB of RAM has doubled the benefit for the user with memory capacity in compared with the previous model release. So getting it for a reasonable price with subtle improvements appears extremely worth for the user at this considering.
Complete list of Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Specs
- Size and weight as 85.60mm × 56.5mm and 45 gram (1.6 in oz)
- SoC as Broadcom BCM2836 (CPU, GPU, DSP, SDRAM)
- Memory of 1 GB
- 900 MHz quad-core ARM Cortex A7 (ARMv7 processor)
- GPU unchanged as Broadcom VideoCore IV at 250 MHz (VideoCore IV 3D graphics)
- 4 USB Ports includes
- HDMI, combined video output (supports PAL and NTSC) through 3.5 mm jack
- Audio input at I² S
- 15-pin MIPI Video input CSI camera interface
- Audio outputs in Analog through 3.5 mm jack (digital via HDMI /I²S)
- OpenGL ES 2.0 (24 GFLOPS); 1080p30 MPEG-2 and VC-1 decoder (agreed license), 1080p30 h.264/MPEG-4 AVC super-profiled decoder/encoder
- Network at 10/100Mbps (Ethernet port includes)
- MicroSD replacement for the SD card slot
- 17 GPIO
- HAT ID bus
- Accepts Power scale of 5 V through MicroUSB or GPIO header
- Power valuation at 800 mA (4.0 W)
Important: Ubuntu and Windows 10 are now updated to work with Raspberry Pi 2. In fact, it is with its ARMv7 processor which benefits in full range of ARM GNU/Linux handling
Raspberry Pi 2 direction to Projects
As we repeatedly stated, CPU power and memory improvements in Raspberry Pi 2 Model B will be the source to more innovative projects. So just as you trusted the original Pi use in robots, media collaborations, various instruments etc, Pi 2 can also be consumed. And also for the learning purpose, Raspberry Pi will come the first-rate. Not only that, the second generation Raspberry Pi will also come in better usability as a main PC with smoother web browsing, increased speed and all upgrades.
The developers of raspberry do not stop at Pi 2. In fact, you will now pick the Raspberry Pi 3 as the newest with even more lifted features targeting more creative projects based on raspberry technology. So keep on visiting us for more interesting Raspberry news.
Do you think our post on Raspberry Pi 2 is helpful for your projects? Share your sincere reviews.